CONTINUING EDUCATION WEBINARS
Healthcare Academy invites you to attend our free CE webinars! Our upcoming program is listed below. More information regarding past and future webinars, CE credits, and our webinar process can be found on this page.
ANNOUNCEMENT: The live webinar “Purposeful Preparation for the Phase 3 of the New Requirements of Participation for Skilled Nursing Facilities” on Thurs, September 13, 2018 has been cancelled due to technical issues. The recording of this program will be available in the near future. Details to come!
PDPM Is Here, Are You Ready?
Thursday, October 18 at 1 PM CDT
1.0 contact hour
Kim Barrows, RN, BSN
As the owner of a Post-Acute care consulting company, Home Health Agency, and Behavioral Health Clinic, Kim is recognized as an expert in the healthcare industry. She has developed holistic programs that place healthcare organizations at the forefront of their competitors. The programs’ initiatives have also created relationships with premier local hospitals unlike any other within the industry. These partnerships have been instrumental in dramatically improving patient outcomes and occupancy resulting in financial success for all. Her accomplishments have been nationally recognized by industry leaders and organizations such as the American Health Care Association and Christ Hospital.
As the administration strives to reshape healthcare, the focus can not only be financially motivated but must be clinically driven. With essential health benefits at stake, the voices of the people must be heard.
Her specialties also include labor relations/negotiations, benefit administration, human resource management, operations management, HUD housing management, quality improvement in the areas of survey management and regulations, accounts receivable, customer service, employee engagement, census growth, and new program development. Leah has run a Rule 25 chemical dependency program for seniors with special emphasis in mental health, and has participated in plans for program development and renovation projects in the senior living industry.
CMS has been very vocal about their desire to change the payment structure for skilled nursing facilities by placing an emphasis on the need for quality over volume. Patient Driven Payment Model (PDPM) was put in place to accomplish this lofty goal. Effective October 1, 2019, PDPM replaces our current RUGs IV system, requiring organizations to rethink their workflow processes. Employers will need to focus on education, training, and evaluate the competence of their staff to stay ahead of the curve. Since PDPM will allow greater reimbursement for facilities with more clinically complex residents, facilities will have the potential to find a specialty niche. Facility reimbursement will be impacted by their administrative team’s ability to capture the most accurate clinical picture of each resident at the time of admission. Facilities will need to be forward thinking and begin the planning process now to maneuver through this paradigm shift.
The evaluation form will be available to view and access as the following:
– The closing of the webinar will launch a pop-up window on your screen with a link titled “Evaluation Form“. Select to access, fill, and submit.
– A 1-hour follow-up email will be sent to all attendees with a link titled “Evaluation Form“. Select to access, fill, and submit. Please not to check all email folders for the follow-up email.
Note: If you attend the webinar in a group setting and/or on a different join link, you will NOT receive an evaluation form. If you wish to receive CE, you must complete an evaluation. For further instruction, please contact Kaitlyn Braun at email@example.com.
Licensed Nurses and Nursing Home Administrators will receive 1.0 hour of continuing education credit after they successfully attend the full one-hour presentation and have completed a post-presentation evaluation.
Certificate of Participation will be sent via email 5-7 business days from Healthcare Academy.
Please contact Healthcare Academy’s Marketing Coordinator Kaitlyn Braun at firstname.lastname@example.org if you haven’t received your certificate within this time frame.
Webinar recordings are available the following Monday from the presentation date.
- Healthcare Academy subscribers will be able to access the recording via their HCA login on the healthcareacademy.com. HCA Administrators will be able to assign out.
- Non-Healthcare Academy subscribers who wish to have access to the recordings, please contact Kaitlyn Braun at email@example.com. For those viewing via healthcareacademy.com must complete the HCA evaluation in order to receive CE.
Recordings Available Now
- Antibiotic Stewardship – Where We Stand Today
- Assessment and Management Pain
- Behavior Management in Dementia
- Creating Competency-Based Evaluations in the Long-Term Care Setting
- Creative Competency-Based Programming on a Shoestring Budget
- Is Your Facility Ready…CMS Emergency Preparedness Requirements
- Keys to a Successful Risk Management Program
- Purposeful Preparation for the Phase 3 of the New RoP for SNF – PENDING
- Reducing Unnecessary Hospitalizations for Long-Term and Post-Acute Care
- Regulatory Compliance infection Prevention and Control
- State Operations Manual – NEW and Revised Regulations for Long Term Care
- Understanding the CMS 5 Star Report
- Unnecessary Medications
- Urinary Tract Infections: Practical Diagnosis and Management
Psychoactives and the Requirements of Participation
Thurs, November 15 at 1 PM CST
Presenter: Rob Shulman, RPh
Registration coming soon.
Grief and Loss for the Caregivers
Wed, December 5 at 1 PM CST
Presenter: Marc Markell, PhD, MS, BA
Registration coming soon.